Professor and Deputy Director,
East China Jiaotong University
808 Shuanggang East Street,
Nanchang, Jiangxi, 330013, China
Ph.D. Sep. 1999 – Jul. 2003, Nanchang University – Material Processing Engineering, P. R. China.
Master of Engineering Sep. 1992 – Jul. 1995, Nanchang University - Mechanical Engineering, P. R. China
Bachelor of Engineering Sep. 1988 – Jul. 1992, Jiangxi Polytechnical University, P. R. China
Nov. 2017 - Present: Professor and Deputy Director, International office, East China Jiaotong University, P. R. China
Dec. 2006 - Present: Professor, School of Mechatronics & Vehicle Engineering, East China Jiaotong University, P. R. China
Feb. 2016 - Feb. 2017, Visiting Professorial Fellow, University of Wollongong, Mechanical, Materials & Mechatronics, Australia
Sep. 2009 - Aug. 2010, Visiting Scholar, University of Michigan ( Ann Arbor)-S.M. Wu Manufacturing Research Center, USA
Nov. 2007- Mar. 2016: Professor and Director, Key Laboratory of Conveyance and Equipment，Ministry of Education, East China Jiaotong University, P. R. China
Oct. 2004 - Oct. 2005: Visiting Scholar, Ohio State University –Engineering Research Center for Net Shape Manufacturing, USA
Jan. 2002 – Nov. 2017: Deputy Director, Science and Technology Research Division, East China Jiaotong University, P. R. China
Mar. 2003 – Nov. 2006: Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Electronic Engineering, East China Jiaotong University, P. R. China
Dec. 1997 – Mar. 2003: Lecturer, School of Mechanical & Electronic Engineering, East China Jiaotong University, P. R. China
Jul. 1995 – Nov. 1997: Research Assistant, School of Mechanical & Electronic Engineering, East China Jiaotong University, P. R. China
Major Research Fields
Numerical Simulation in Metal Forming Processes
Forging, Sheet Metal Forming, Tube Hydroforming, Tribology, Material Properties
Twist Beam Axle Design for Multi-Purpose Vehicles
Finite Element Methods
Special allowance of the State Council. 2015
Ganpo Excellence 555 Engineering Talents in Jiangxi Province. 2012
Academic and Technical Leader of Major Disciplines in Jiangxi Province. 2011
Young Scientists in Jiangxi Province. 2007
Project Presider, Study on Important Parts and Key Technologies of MFS40-55 Series Tractors. The Third Grade Award for Science and Technology Progress in Jiangxi Province, May. 2013.
Project Presider, Shell Optimization Design and Manufacturing MFS40-55 Series Tractor. The First Grade Award for Science and Technology Achievement Award of Colleges and Universities in Jiangxi Province, Sep. 2013.
Project Presider, Study on CAD/CAE/CAM for Rear Axle Housing, The Third Grade Award for Science and Technology Progress in Jiangxi Province, Mar. 2008.
Selected Publications in Recent Years
1. Zhichao Huang, Qiuhua Yao, Jiamei Lai, Jingwei Zhao, Zhengyi Jiang. Developing a self-piercing riveting with flange pipe rivet joining aluminum sheets. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2017, 91:2315-2328.
2. Zhichao Huang, Jiuzhou Wang,Liang Cheng, Experimental Study on Modals and Fatigue of Torsional Beam Rear Suspensions, Noise and Vibration Control, 2017, 37(6): 2017, 6: 116-110
3. Z.C. Huang, K.C. Fan, J.M. Lai, The Mechanical Behaviour of Self-piercing Riveting with Pipe Rivet. Pro. 10th International Conference on Technology of Plasticity. ICTP 2011, 742-745, September 25-30, Aachen, Germany.
Selected Current Research Projects
1. Project Presider, National Natural Science Foundation of China (51565014)：Effect of shot peening on self-piercing riveting performance, CNY 400000, 2016.1-2019.12
2. Project Presider, Industrialization Demonstration Project of Patent for Inventions in Jiangxi Province (20171BEM26001), Popularization and Application of Self Piercing riveting Device, CNY 200000, 2017.1-2019.12
Completed Research Projects
1. Project Presider, The Scientific Research Foundation of Education Department of Jiangxi Province (KJLD13035), New Twist Beam Axle Design for Multi-purpose Vehicles, CNY 1000000, 2014.1-2017.12
2. Project Presider, National Natural Science Foundation of China (51265012), The radical riveting theory on joining fiber-reinforced resin matrix composites, CNY500000, 2013-2016
3. Project Presider, National Natural Science Foundation of China (50965006), Theory study on tubular riveting with flange , CNY 250000, 2010-2012
4. Project Presider, National Natural Science Foundation of China (50665002), Study on self-piercing riveting theory and key technology, CNY 280000, 2007-2009
Member of Society of Manufacturing Engineers, USA
Member of Chinese Institute of Railway
Member of Chinese Mechanical Engineering Society
Graduate Student: 40 (Graduated 29)