No. 808 Shuanggang East Street,
Nanchang, Jiangxi, 330013, China
Ph.D. Sep. 1994 – Mar. 1998, Zhejiang University–Geotechnical Engineering, P. R. China.
Bachelor of Engineering Sep. 1990 – Jul. 1994, Zhejiang University–Civil Engineering, P. R. China.
Jan. 2014 - Present: Professor, College of Civil Engineering and Architecture, East China Jiaotong University
Dec.2008 - Present, Professor, College of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Zhejiang University
Jul.2001 - Dec.2008, Associate Professor, College of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Zhejiang University
Jul. 1998 - Jul. 2001, Lecturer, College of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Zhejiang University
Major Research Fields
Underground space and tunnel engineering
Selected Publications in Recent Years
1. C.J. Xu, Q.Z. Chen, W. Luo, L. Liang (2018): Analytical solution for estimating the stress state in backill considering patterns of stress distribution. International Journal of Geomechanics, 19(1): 04018189.
2. C.J. Xu, Q.Z. Chen, W. Luo, L. Liang (2018): Evaluation of permanent settlement in Hangzhou Qingchun road crossing-river tunnel under traffic loading. International Journal of Geomechanics, 19(2): 06018037.
3. C.J. Xu, Q.Z. Chen, J. Zhou, Y. Cai (2015): Analytical solution of transient dynamic response of spherical cavity in viscoelastic and saturated soils. KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, 19(7): 2035-2040.
4. C.J. Xu, Q.Z. Chen, F.M. Sun (2014): Application of electoromagnetic waves for void and anomaly detections, ASTM, Journal of Testing and Evaluation, 42 (2), P.508-516.
5. C.J. Xu, M. Yin, G. Lin (2014): Characters analysis of the retaining structure of the foundation pit under local load, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 477: 448-452.
6. Z.G. Cao, Y.Q. Cai, H.L. Sun, C.J. Xu (2011): Dynamic responses of a poroelastic half‐space from moving trains caused by vertical track irregularities, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 35(7): 761-786.
7. X.H. Ma, Y. M. Cheng, S.K. Au, Y.Q. Cai, C.J. Xu (2009): Rocking vibration of a rigid strip footing on saturated soil, Computers and Geotechnics, 36(6): 928-933.
8. L. Shi, C.J. Xu, Y.Q. Cai, X.Y. Geng (2014): Dynamic impedances and free-field vibration analysis of pile groups in saturated ground, Journal of Sound and Vibration，333(16): 3709-3731.
9. P. Wang, Y.Q. Cai, C.J. Xu, et al. (2011): Rocking vibrations of a rigid circular foundation on poroelastic half-space to elastic waves, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 31(4): 708-715.
Selected Current Research Projects
1. Project Presider, National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars: “Geotechnical engineering and soil dynamics” (No. 51725802), CNY 3500000, 2018-2022
2. Project Presider, Natural Science Foundation of China: “Study on the vibration isolation achieved by discontinuous barriers in poroelastic soil” (No. 50878192), CNY 360000, 2009-2012
3. Project Presider, Natural Science Foundation of China: “Study on long term settlement of soft foundation low embankment caused by traffic load” (No. 51278449), CNY 800000, 2013-2016