Department of Civil Engineering,
East China Jiaotong University
808 Shuanggang East Street,
Nanchang, Jiangxi, 330013, China
Ph.D., Sep. 1999 – Jun. 2002, Zhejiang University – Civil Engineering, P. R. China.
Master of Engineering, Sep.1993– Jun.1996, Southwest Jiaotong University- Structure Engineering, P. R. China
Specialty Degree, Sep. 1987 – Jul. 1989, East China University of Technology, P. R. China
12/2004 – Present, Professor, Vice-Dean, Department of Civil Engineering, East China Jiaotong University, Jiangxi, China
01/2004 – 07/2004, Co-Researcher, School of Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Fukuoka, Japan
11/2002 – 12/2004, Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, East China Jiaotong University, Jiangxi, China
03/1997 – 11/1999, Instructor, Department of Civil Engineering, East China Jiaotong University, Jiangxi, China
06/1996 – 03/1997, Engineering Supervisor, Shenzhen Division of China Academy of Railway Sciences, Shenzhen, China
Major Research Fields
Civil Engineering structure vibration and control
Dynamic characteristics research of inclined cables and passive, active, semi-active control in cable-stayed bridges.
Vehicle-bridge coupling vibration analysis and impact coefficient research for highway bridges subjected to the moving vehicle load.
Also including Building structure vibration and control.
Earthquake response analysis and control strategy research
Earthquake response simulation of long span bridges and resisting earthquake vibration research.
Isolating bridge to reduce vibration response using resisting seismic vibration bearing as Lead Rubber Bearing, Semi-active vibration control using MR damper for elevated bridges.
Field and laboratory test of engineering structure including the static response and the dynamic response.
National Guanghua Scholarship, 2002, Zhejiang University
Science and technology progress award, 2006, Provincial Department of Education of Jiangxi Province, 2006
Science and technology progress award, 2017, Nanchang Municipal People's Government
Academic and Technical Leader of Major Disciplines in Jiangxi Province. 2011
Selected Publications in Recent Years
1. CHEN Shuisheng, Song Yuan , Study on Vibration Response of the Highway Bridge Under Multi-row Vehicle Loads, Journal of Wuhan University of Technology, 40(11), 2018,pp1-6
2. Experimental Study on Dynamic Characteristic of Multi-Cell Single-Box Text Model Bridge with Corrugated Steel Webs, Journal of Vibration and Shock , 36(12)，2017 Pp122-127
3. CHEN Shui-sheng; LI Jin-hua, “Analyses of Semi-active Control of Earthquake Response to Building Structure by Magneto-rheological Damper”, Journal of Railway society, No.9,2007, pp40~46
Selected Research Projects
1. Study on the identification of the health status of the old bridge on highway with small and medium span basing on the coupled vibration theory of vehicle-bridge, Jiangxi Province Science Foundation, 2019~2021
2. Non-stationary Random Vibration Analysis for Highway Vehicle-Bridge Coupling System, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2014-2018
3. “Vibration response analysis of highway bridges subjected to moveable vehicle and impact coefficient research”, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2008-2010
4. “Fuzzy semi-active control of stay-cables in Cable-stayed Bridges”, Jiangxi Province Science Foundation, 2003~2005
5. “Vibration response and impact coefficient research for highway bridges under the moving vehicle load”, Jiangxi Province Science Foundation, 2005~2007
6. “Nonlinear earthquake vibration analysis of isolating bridges using Lead Rubber Bearing”, Jiangxi Province Science Foundation, 2007~2009
7. “Earthquake response control research on the elevated bridges using semi-active MR dampers”, Science and technology foundation, Provincial department of education of Jiangxi , 2003~2005
8. “Dynamic model research on the vehicle-bridge coupling vibration system for highway bridges”, Science and technology foundation, Provincial department of education of Jiangxi , 2005~2007
9. “Key technology research and monitoring during the Construction of long span continue beam bridges”, Science and technology foundation, Provincial department of communication of Jiangxi, 2004~2006
10. “Field vibration test and impact coefficient analysis for highway beam bridges”, Science and technology foundation, Provincial department of communication of Jiangxi, 2006~2008
Executive member, Jiangxi Highway Society.
Executive member, Jiangxi Architecture and Civil Engineering Society
member of China Highway Society
Graduate Student: 45 (Graduated 37)