Professor and Executive Dean,
School of Civil Engineering and Architecture,
East China Jiaotong University
808 Shuanggang East Street,
Nanchang, Jiangxi, 330013, China
Ph.D. Sep. 2000 – Jun. 2004, Chongqing University – Environmental Engineering, P. R. China.
Master of Engineering Sep. 1989 – Mar. 1992, Tongji University - Environmental Engineering, P. R. China
Bachelor of Engineering Sep. 1985 – Jul. 1989, Chongqing Institute of Architecture and Engineering, P. R. China
Dec. 2005 - Present: Professor, Water Supply and Drainage, School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, East China Jiaotong University, P. R. China
Dec. 2000 - Dec. 2005: Associate Professor, Water Supply and Drainage, School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, East China Jiaotong University, P. R. China
Apr. 1995 – Dec. 2000: Lecturer, Water Supply and Drainage, School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, East China Jiaotong University, P. R. China
Apr. 1992 – Apr. 1995: Assistant, Water Supply and Drainage, School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, East China Jiaotong University, P. R. China
Major Research Fields
Water and Wastewater Treatment Technology
Optimization of Micro-vortex Flocculation Process
Visualization of Flow Field During Flocculation
Preparation of Adsorbent Materials and Photocatalytic Materials
Ganpo Excellence 555 Engineering Talents in Jiangxi Province. 2013
The New Century Talents Project of Jiangxi Province. 2009
Selected Publications in Recent Years
1. Fengping Hu, Min Wang, Xiaoming Peng, et al. Development of amine-functionalized magnetic mesoporous carbon for dyes removal from single and binary: adsorption performance and mechanism [J]. Desalination and Water Treatment, 2019, 138: 353-367.
2. Fengping Hu, Min Wang, Xiaoming Peng, et al. High-efficient adsorption of phosphates from water by hierarchical CuAl/biomass carbon fiber layered double hydroxide [J]. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 2018, 555:314-323.
3. Xiaoming Peng, Min Wang, Fengping Hu*, et al. Facile fabrication of hollow biochar carbon-doped TiO2/CuO composites for the photocatalytic degradation of ammonia nitrogen from aqueous solution [J]. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2019, 770: 1055-1063
4. Xiaoming Peng, Fengping Hu*, Tao Zhang, et al. Amine-functionalized magnetic bamboo-based activated carbon adsorptive removal of ciprofloxacin and norfloxacin: A batch and fixed-bed column study [J]. Bioresource Technology, 2018, 249: 924-934.
5. Tao Zhang, Fengping Hu*, Chao Zhang, et al. A Novel Multi-wall Carbon Nanotubes/poly (n-butylacrylate-co-butyl methacrylate) Hybrid Resin: Synthesis and Oil/Organic Solvents Absorption [J]. Fibers and Polymers, 2017, 18: 1865-1873.
Selected Current Research Projects
1. Principle Investigator, National Natural Science Foundation of China (61872141): Complex flow state visualization and process model based on improved micro-vortex flocculation process for floc detection and tracking, CNY 600000, 2019.1-2022.12
2. Principle Investigator, Jiangxi Natural Science Foundation (20181BAB206037), Flocculation mechanism and floc performance under complex flow field based on micro-vortex-grid synergy, CNY 60000, 2018.1-2020.12
3. Principle Investigator, Jiangxi Provincial Key R&D Program General Project (20171BBH80008), Preparation of graphene-loaded hierarchical structure TiO2/biomass carbon composite and its removal of ammonia nitrogen from Poyang Lake water, CNY 200000, 2017.1-2019.12
Completed Research Projects
1. Principle Investigator, Ganpo Excellence 555 Project Leadership Training Program (S2013-57), Microfluid flocculation mechanism and drug control system in water purification plant, CNY 1000000, 2014.1-2016.12
2. Principle Investigator, National Natural Science Foundation of China (61272197), Research on floc detection and control model in water treatment flocculation process based on machine vision, CNY800000, 2013.1-2016.12
3. Principle Investigator, Jiangxi Provincial Department of Education Science and Technology Land Project (KJLD13037), Research and application of key technologies for micro-vortex flocculation water treatment, CNY 500000, 2014.1-2016.12
4. Principle Investigator, National Natural Science Foundation of China (61640217), Flow field distribution and flocculation kinetics of micro-vortex flocculation process based on compressed sensing for drinking water purification, CNY 160000, 2017.1-2017.12
Executive director, JiangXi Ecological Society, China
Board of Members, Jiangxi Civil and Architectural Society of Water Supply and Drainage technology professional committee
Graduate Student: 36 (Graduated 27)